We all know Laguna is home for numbers of waterfalls, naming Pagsanjan Falls and Majayjay Falls. Hulugan Falls is also one of the hidden gems of Laguna. If you're hankering for a weekend getaway, go on and continue reading! With just a few hours away from Manila, your weekend adventure will all be worth it!
It is located in the heart of Luisiana, Laguna.
How to get there:
- Ride a bus bound to Sta. Cruz. There are bus terminals from Cubao, Pasay, and South Station that en routes Sta. Cruz. Alight at the bus terminal in Sta. Cruz. Ride a jeepney bound to Lucena and alight at Luisiana (Hulugan Falls). Finally, ride a trike to the barangay hall for registration and then off to the drop off.
- Round trip bus fare to Sta. Cruz = P204 (from South Station)
- Round trip jeepney fare to Luisina = P60
- Round trip trike fare = P40
- Tour guide fee = P400-500/guide. Max person per guide is 5.
What to bring:
- Packed lunch and trail snacks
- Plenty of water
- Trash bags
- Waterproof camera
- Waterproof bag
- Waterproof everything
- Toiletries for washing up
- Extra clothes
|Crossing Huluhan Falls|
You can also visit two more waterfalls, the Talay Falls and Hidden Falls but that's optional. The trek to those two other falls is quite harder than of to Hulugan Falls. I suggest not to wear your favorite shoes because the trail if composed of slippery rocks, soft soils, and mud. You'll be crossing streams and you'll be swimming in the falls so it's much better if your have your trek sandals with you.
|The gang - Photo credits to: Chel Breva|
Hope ya'll enjoyed my post! If you have any questions, just leave them on the comment box below. Thank you! :) XX